What Can Dr. Alvarado Treat?
Injuries; Whether your injury is the result of a car accident, work accident, weekend yardwork, sports, or perhaps a single awkward event; in all medical probability Dr. Alvarado can provide the care needed to get you back where you want to be safely and quickly. With thirty years of experience, Dr. Alvarado will know on day one whether your injury is amenable to a course of conservative care.
Stress; Stress is a part of everyone’s life. Whether we recognize or not, it is there, and it usually complicates our wellbeing. Dr. Alvarado frequently tells his patients that “stress negatively effects your weakest link”. If you have headaches, blood pressure issues, stomach issues or neck or low back pain, stress is always making it worse. Properly utilized acupuncture provides significant relief with respect to stress as well as other ailments. Seventeen years of experience goes a long way in the proper use of this centuries old treatment.
The following is an incomplete list of ailments that Dr. Alvarado has had a great deal of success with over the years:
Head and Neck:
- Temporomandibular Joint Disorders; “TMJ” or Jaw pain, Very common stress response in young females
- Neck pain. Whether muscle, joint or disc, relief can be gained
- Cervical radiculopathy; “pinched nerve in the neck”
- Bell’s Palsy. Alvarado utilizes a Chinese based acupuncture protocol to significantly decrease symptoms and improve function with six sessions
Upper Back Pain:
- Trapezius pain; Burning, sore and/or achy upper shoulders
- Pain between the shoulder blades
- T4 Syndrome; Very common stress response in men
- Costovertebral pain; rib pain which stems from the spinal and rib joints
- Shingles; Acupuncture can be very helpful
Lower Back Pain:
- Acute low back pain; less than 3 – 6 months
- Chronic low back pain; greater than 6 months
- Sciatica; pinched nerve in the leg with signs of pain, numbness, tingling, or weakness
- Buttock pain; sacroiliac pain
- Hip pain; outer hip pain or thigh pain
- Shoulder pain
- Elbow pain
- Wrist and hand pain
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Knee pain
- Ankle and foot pain
- Plantar fasciitis; heel pain, “it’s probably not the heel spur”
Stress Related Syndrome
Why is Dr. Alvarado’s treatment “specialized” and how does it differ from others?